- Full name: Portuguese Republic
- Capital city: Lisboa
- Surface area: 92 358 km2
- Population: 10 291 027 inhab.
- Official language : Portuguese, Mirandese, portuguese sign language
- Currency: Euro
- National holiday: 10th June
What to visit depending on the cities?
- Lisbon: Alfama neighborhood, Baixa neighborhood, Belém Tower
- Porto : Cathedrale, Palais de la Bourse, Bolhão Market
- Algarve: Faro, Ponta da Piedade, Lagos
- Les Açores : for nature lovers
- Madère : Funchal, Câmara de Lobos, Ponta do Garajau (and its Christ)
- Sintra : Palais National de Pena, Château des Maures, Quinta da Regaleira
- Avoid touristic restaurants that will be more expensive and lower-quality
- Visit museums every first Sunday of the month, it’s free!
- Beware of pickpocketing
- Natural hazards: earthquakes and fires
- In Portugal, there are electronic toll highways that require the possession of a special card that associate your credit card with the license plate of the car, or of a payment device such as Tollservice, Easytoll, Tollcard or Viaverde. To know more about it, visit: www.portugaltolls.com .
- In case of emergencies à 112.
You can find the PDF version of this document here.